TruKid Sunny Days Daily SPF 30 Plus UVA/UVB Sunscreen Lotion, 3.5 Ounce
- Non-nano, vitamin-A free SPF 30+ sunscreen for active kids, parents provides broad-spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays
- Awarded "Most Awesome" sunscreen for 2 years in a row by Red Tricycle
- Safe for kids and the planet: pediatrician- and dermatologist-tested; Eczema-safe; non-nano; free of Gluten, phthalates, parabens, and vitamin A
- Received highest rating for kids' sunscreen from Environmental Working Group: reef-friendly with mineral-based, sustainably sourced zinc
- Ideal for the whole family: Comes in BPA-free, 3.5-ounce tube
- Product Dimensions: 2.25 x 1.5 x 6.75 inches; 0.22 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.22 pounds
- ASIN: B003CHMS4O
- Item model number: 10302
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
TruKid Sunscreens - the All Natural, Good for You Sunscreen! Get Out and Play!
TruKid sunscreens are designed for kids, and tailored for the whole family. All natural, non-nano sunscreens that are eczema safe, SPF30+ strong, but gentle enough for the whole family to enjoy!
Why an all natural sunscreen? Aren't all sunscreens similar?
All natural sunscreens use titanium dioxide and zinc oxide particles to create a physical block. Physical sunscreens reflect the UVA and UVB rays away from your skin, acting like a reflective fabric to protect your skin. Chemical sunscreens need 20 minutes to interact with your skin and change the chemical process that occurs when the sun's rays hit your skin. Physical blocks work immediately, and prevent that chemical process from ever occurring!
So what about the ALL natural part?
Many sunscreens claim to be "natural" because they use a physical block as the active ingredient. But read those ingredient lists carefully! Many have PEG, salicylates, alumina, artificial fragrances and other chemicals that can irritate or inflame sensitive skin. TruKid is 100% all natural, and free of gluten, parabens, and phthalates.
What is non-nano? Should I care?
Size matters! While nano-particles may pass through your skin and into your bloodstream, the zinc and titanium micron-sized particles (1000 x larger) in TruKid sunscreens sit on top of your skin, are safe sunscreen ingredients that are less likely to cause skin irritation, and act as a physical barrier to reflect off the harmful UV rays the minute that it is applied.
How much sunscreen do I need? How long does it last?
To ensure that you get the full SPF of a sunscreen, you need to apply 1 oz – about a tablespoon. Studies show that most people apply only half to a quarter of that amount, which means the actual SPF they have applied on their body is not enough to adequately protect their skin. "Water-, sweat-, or perspiration-resistant” is an accurate description, and means the sunscreen offers SPF protection after 40 minutes of water exposure. “Very water resistant” provides up to 80 minutes of protection. Sunscreen is only one piece of the puzzle. Other key factors include seeking shade between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM, covering up with clothing, wearing broad-brimmed hats and UV-blocking sunglasses, completing self-exams/exams on your children, and scheduling annual professional skin evaluations.
How TruKid Cares for your Truly Great Kid!
Founded by a mother of six, TruKid products have been designed to make kids happy and eager to use them! Our colorful packaging and kid-friendly scents, along with easy to use pumps and "I Can Do" glide on sticks appeal to kids and their parents. Everything is kid approved -- from the lighter textures for quick and easy application to the light, cheerful scents that kids love. Highest quality ingredients in easy and fun to use packaging -- perfect for any TruKid and his or her family!
All TruKid products are:
- All Natural, Chemical-Free
- Eczema Safe: Free of Gluten, Parabens, and Phthalates
- Non-Nano, Sustainably Sourced Zinc
- Good for Kids and the Planet
- Highest EWG Rating & PETA certified
- Pediatrician Tested and Trusted
- Recyclable, BPA-free Packaging